There have been several articles written as to why the GOP lost the election. The reasons are plentiful but one of the most glaring failures of the 2012 campaign, was our failure to match or counter the Obama grassroots campaign in truly personal contacts. Phone calls to strangers will never take the place of grassroots activists and precinct delegates that know the people in their neighborhoods, churches and communities, And when the demographics are broken down, we can see where we have work to do,
Asian Voters- 73% voted for Obama
Jewish Voters- 60% voted for Obama
Black Evangelicals Voters- 90% voted for Obama
Hispanics Christian Voters- 75% voted for Obama
18-29 Youth Voters- 60% voted for Obama
We must tell the truth better than the Democrats tell the lies about Capitalism vs. Socialism. And the following set of statistics show that conservatism is and will continue to be on the right side of history. I’m sure many who have just had their taxes increased and those who will soon suffer the effects of oppressive new gun control policies will become disenchanted some towards the Democrat party, but it’s our job to make sure these truths get out.
- Since 1950 over 400 million guns have been sold in the U.S.A.
- Since 1919 over 54 million people have been killed by their own government after they took their guns away.
- The English royal family spent 57.8 million for travel, entertainment, etc, while Obama spent 1.4 billion.
- The national debt is approximately 16.5 trillion (twice what it was in 2007) and will be 22 trillion by 2014.
- 77% of Americans just had their taxes increased.
- Every man, women & child owes the federal government over $52,181.
- Liabilities as of 2011:
- $7.3 trillion for federal employee retirements
- $19 trillion for Social Security participants (I do not consider this an entitlement)
- $24.4 trillion for Medicare participants
- $60.9 trillion = 106% of the net worth of all US households. $513,380 per household)
Thomas Jefferson wrote, “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
Your National Committeeman,