In 1962, in a speech to the Cadets at West Point, General MacArthur said,
In this day of gathering storms, as moral deterioration of political power spreads its growing infection, it is essential that every spiritual force be mobilized to defend and preserve the religious base upon which this nation is founded; for it has been that base which has been the motivating impulse to our moral and national growth. History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate disaster.
It now appears we are on the brink of one or the other — awakening or disaster. Let’s consider our present situation.
(1) Illegal immigrants (emphasis on the word illegal) in the thousands are pouring across our borders. Clearly, this poses the question: Do we welcome them with open arms or do we protect our own U.S. citizens from physical and financial harm? As a legislator, I worked diligently to stop illegal immigration because it threatens the safety and security of Americans, reduces the number of job available to U.S. citizens, and increases both state and federal costs due to increased use of social programs and government assistance. Few listened and no action was taken.
(2) We have permitted PACs, lobbyists, and the wealthy elitists to determine the direction of our party. The passage of Medicaid Expansion and Common Core, along with open support for gay marriage, are prime examples of their impact. It should be noted that there is an effort to add homosexuals to the Elliot-Larson Act. The Republican Party is losing its way; it is not honoring its platform and the moral and Constitutional principles upon which that platform is based.
(3) We have taken no positive action to address the infiltration of radical Islam into the highest echelons of government. An obvious example is Huma Abdin, Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Chief of Staff, who has three close family members connected to the Muslim Brotherhood. (See the book entitled, The Muslim Brotherhood In The Obama Administration by Frank Gaffney.) Those in power do not understand that Muslim radicals plan to take over this country from within. To quote from the article entitled, “History of the Muslim Brotherhood Penetration of the U.S. Government,” by Clare M. Lopez (April 15, 1013):
The process of settlement [in the U.S.] is a “Civilization-Jihadist Process” with all the term means. The Ikhwan [Brotherhood] must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and “sabotaging” its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions.
(4) Nor have we addressed the issue of Sharia Law being applied in our courts. Per Frank Gaffney of the Center for Security Policy, “…Sharia law has entered into state court decisions, in conflict with the Constitution and state public policy….We found 50 significant cases just from the small sample of appellate published cases [which we reviewed].” (See article entitled, “Sharia Law and American State Courts,” June 21, 2011.)
Having served in both the Michigan legislature and the United States Military, I have seen first-hand the results of caving to power and/or the desire for financial gain or professional status. Selfish ambition, rather than the best interest of the country, becomes the focus. Now many of the same people who yielded to pressure, financial gain, and/or status are running again. Even though they:
- blocked efforts to stop illegal immigration,
- refused to stand against Obamacare, Medicaid Expansion, Common Core, and gay marriage,
- closed their eyes to the infiltration and influence of Islamic radicals in our government, and
- stonewalled the passage of a bill which would uphold the Constitution and disallow American Courts from using foreign laws (including but not limited to Sharia law),
. . . they are running for office again.
As your National Committeeman, I will not support these candidates. Please join me. Ask questions of your elected officials and check their voting records. As elections approach, let’s stand together to uphold the Constitution, the Rule of Law, and the Judeo-Christian Biblical principles on which this country was founded.
Please click here to donate to Top Gun Conservatives
America, Wake Up! (by Linda Dykstra)
Perhaps you have seen the photo of Barack Obama teaching Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals when he was a community organizer in Chicago. In David Horowitz’s “Six Alinsky Rules That Explain Obama’s Words and Deeds,” (April 5, 2013), a concise summary of these rules is given. These methods are paraphrased below with contemporary illustrations given.
(1) Use shame to accomplish radical change — frame ObamaCare as a moral issue, and homosexuality as a civil rights issue,
(2) Polarize the population into the “haves” and the “have-nots” — incite class, ethnic, and gender conflict . . . divide and conquer
(3) Radically agitate/disrupt society to force change — allow illegal immigration, and the resulting economic and social pandemonium,
(4) Condemn and never talk to your adversary — label Republicans as obstructionists, and the tea party movement as racists . . . a pen and a phone are all that the president needs,
(5) Move relentlessly from issue to issue to stimulate dissention and division — quickly shift among global warming, Israeli-Palestinian peace process, green energy, gun control . . . keep the media focus away from substantive issues,
(6) Demonize opponents as dangerous enemies — denigrate Speaker Boehner, Koch brothers, Fox News.
Using these Alinsky principles, Obama is transforming America — replacing freedom with regulations, mandates, and executive orders. Without having the majority in both the U.S. House and Senate, our legislative branch has been powerless to stop him.
It is time for Americans to take action! Learn where candidates stand. Google: Vote Smart Project, and insert each candidate’s name. Voting records will reveal whether candidates stand with the Founding Fathers or with Obama and the radical Saul Alinsky. Support the best candidates and vote in both the Primary and General elections.
Minimum Wage and Illegal Immigration, Some Interesting Facts
The first attempt at establishing a national minimum wage in the United States came in 1933, when a 25¢ per hour standard was set as part of the National Industrial Recovery Act. However, in the 1935 court case Schechter Poultry Corp. v. United States (295 U.S. 495), the United States Supreme Court declared the act unconstitutional, for interfering with the ability of employers to freely negotiate appropriate wage contracts with employees., and the national minimum wage was abolished.
The minimum wage was reestablished in the United States in 1938 (pursuant to the Fair Labor Standards Act), once again at 25¢ per hour ($4.22 in 2014 dollars), for employees who worked with products shipped in interstate commerce. The intent was to provide youth and unskilled workers with a “safety net” to protect them against economic exploitation while they learned a marketable trade. In United States v. Darby Lumber Co. (1941), the Supreme Court upheld the Fair Labor Standards Act, holding that Congress had the power under the Commerce Clause to regulate employment conditions.
Because the post-war labor unions indexed their pay scales to the minimum wage (usually as a multiple of the minimum wage for a new apprentice), the FLSA minimum wage has morphed into something much more sinister than its original intent. Decades of economic research has shown it harms workers and the broader economy, specifically youth, low skilled workers, and ethnic minorities. Also the vast majority of minimum wage workers are not among the poor. In 2010, out of a population of 317 million, 1.8 million people were paid minimum wage. Of these, half of these were teenagers or young adults, and 62.2 % were from homes where the total household income is double or triple the poverty level.
Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) has perpetuated the problem of illegal immigration. This program gives a 2 year deferral deportation period plus work authorization – not too many unaccompanied children will work, but they will require tax dollars to support and much welfare.
However, in Mexico, the president can expel, on his own authority, any foreigner not protected by diplomatic immunity. Immigrants can’t participate in political activities, nor wave foreign flags. Only native born Mexicans can be pilots, boat skippers, harbor masters, airport supervisors, join the military, or be in sensitive jobs. Foreigners must carry proof of legal status, and the police can arrest anyone without papers. Native born Mexicans can make citizen’s arrests against illegals. Foreigners cannot be an economic burden, must provide for their own healthcare, and cannot upset the equilibrium of national demographics. Mexico puts their people first; perhaps we could learn from Mexico.
In Canada, failing to report an illegal is a crime. Employers who hire illegals are subject to up to a $50,000 fine (per illegal). Illegal immigrants may receive no healthcare or government assistance.
In Russia, those who organize illegal immigration get 5 years in jail. Guest workers are not eligible for permanent residency, welfare, or admission of other family members.
In America, 57% of all households that are led by an immigrant (legal or illegal), with at least one minor child, are enrolled in at least one welfare program. Studies estimate that the cost for legalizing current illegal immigrants will be $6.3 trillion over the next 50 years. One out of every five children living in Los Angeles County has a parent that is an illegal immigrant. The federal government has a website that teaches immigrants how to sign up for welfare programs, and the Obama Administration has promised immigrants that their immigration status will not be checked when they apply for those programs.
Does anyone else see an issue here?
Read more at: “Obama’s Wage Gap Hypocrisy Persists” and “Medical staff warned: Keep your mouths shut about illegal immigrants or face arrest” and “19 Very Disturbing Facts About Illegal Immigration That Every American Should Know”
RNC Site Selection Committee Recommends Cleveland
From RNC Chairman Reince Priebus
I’m sure most of you have heard the news by now that the Site Selection Committee has recommended Cleveland, Ohio to host the 2016 Republican National Convention. Cleveland has gone above and beyond the call of duty and I think they’re representative of a city eager to show the country all the fantastic things they have to offer. Contingent upon successful contract negotiations with the City, we will vote as a full committee on this recommendation next month at our Summer Meeting in Chicago.
I’d like to take a moment to extend my sincere appreciation to our Site Selection Committee and all the hard work they have done on behalf of our party to help make sure we have a great convention in 2016. I appreciate the time they have spent traveling to these cities, understanding the logistics and making sure each venue suits our needs in order to nominate the next President of the United States. I’d especially like to thank our Site Selection Chairwoman Enid Mickelsen whose leadership has been key to this process.
I know on behalf of the Site Selection Committee, we’d also like to thank all the other cities who placed bids for the convention, and for their hospitality on each visit.
Read more at: “RNC Site Selection Committee Recommends Cleveland for 2016”
Democrats Have An Enthusiasm Problem
New polling shows that the Democrat voters who supported Obama in 2012 aren’t nearly as likely to vote in 2014. A Democracy Corp poll shows that just 68% of Obama’s 2012 coalition who are considered “likely voters” in 2014 say they are “almost certain” to vote this year. In contrast, 85 percent of likely voters who are not part of the Obama coalition are “almost certain” to vote. There’s a clear enthusiasm gap. Earlier polls show similar trends; the Washington Post found that 81% of Republicans are “absolutely certain to vote,” compared to 74% of Democrats.
Democrat candidates should be nervous because Democrat voters aren’t excited about voting. The enthusiasm gap is bad news for Democrat Senate candidates — especially those competing in “red” states. They already face headwinds trying to win in states that President Obama lost. What’s more, those who voted for President Obama in 2012 haven’t seen their lives get better since, so they have little reason to vote for his agenda again.
Read more at: “Another ObamaCare Promise From Peters And Schauer Falls Flat In Michigan” and “Another ObamaCare Headache” and “ObamaCare’s Mandate Delay At One” and “ObamaCare Summertime Sadness” and “Rocky Mountain Rejections” and “Bluegrass Bypass” and “2014 Troubles: ObamaCare Costs” and “2014 Troubles: Job-Killing Energy Policies”
First Quarter Economy Was Even Worse Than We Thought
Last month, the GDP for 2014Q1 was revised down again. The economy shrank 2.9% in the first quarter. It was the worst quarter since the recession, and comes just two months after the Obama Administration was bragging that ObamaCare was helping the economy. Because the decline was so steep, experts say that factors other than the bad winter weather were at play. Meanwhile, at the same time, CNBC released its list of top states for business, and all five (1st, Georgia; 2nd, Texas; 3rd, Utah; 4th, Nebraska; and 5th, North Carolina) are led by Republican governors.
There’s a sharp contrast between Republican and Democrat economic policies, and while Obama’s agenda is hurting us nationally, Republican governors have managed to make their states good places to do business. If only Obama, Harry Reid, and the Senate Democrats would get behind the dozens of jobs bills passed by the House Republicans, we could jump start our economy and see solid GDP growth. Unfortunately, they continue to push job-killing regulations like ObamaCare and block job-creating policies like the Keystone Pipeline.
Read more at: “Obama’s So-Called “Recovery”: -2.9%”